Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Cap is Back!



Well, after a lot of consideration I've finally decided what I'm going to do with this blog...welcome to my new sketch blog! I may add a few blurbs here or there but for the most part this blog will primarily showcase my sketches and possibly some of my actual comic pencils (after the work is produced and published, of course!). I've found that if I don't keep up with sketching between comic/illustration jobs, it becomes so much harder to get back into the swing of pencilling again. I hope you'll enjoy what you see here. And I'm always open to hearing from everyone, whether it's about comics or life, in general.

For today's sketch, I've decided to try drawing Captain America. I never really got into Cap's outfit while I was growning up but decades later I've grown accustomed to it. I think it was the wings on his head that really bothered me. Oh, and the texture on his upper chest area. Maybe it's because of the way it was drawn back then...I can't say for certain but I can say that I'm really diggin' the way he's drawn today...especially by Jim Cheung and Olivier Coipel. Anyhoo, enjoy!

God bless!

Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home